• Rental Property Investor
  • Ridgetop, TN
Votes |
Landlord coverage for Indy SFH

Kirsten Milliken
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ridgetop, TN
Posted Feb 27 2024, 09:45

I have a single family home in Indy.  I need to get a landlord insurance policy.  The company I had just got sold and the new coverage is not ideal. 

Who do you use? What coverage do you suggest? What rate can I expect? 

THank you

User Stats

Votes
Glen Wiley
  • Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Feb 27 2024, 15:53
If you are a veteran or the child of a veteran then I recommend USAA - their landlord policy is excellent and not expensive.

User Stats

Votes
Staci Rogers
  • Lender
  • Indiana
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Indiana
Replied Mar 4 2024, 07:19

Hi Kirsten,

A lot of my clients are using Goosehead Insurance for their investment properties. Goosehead writes through a lot of different companies, so they can find a good fit for you.

Feel free to connect if you would like a recommendation to an agent in the Indy market.

Staci 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Owen Rosen
  • Professional
  • Keego Harbor, MI
Votes |
  • Professional
  • Keego Harbor, MI
Replied Mar 4 2024, 13:08
Quote from @Staci Rogers:

Hi Kirsten,

A lot of my clients are using Goosehead Insurance for their investment properties. Goosehead writes through a lot of different companies, so they can find a good fit for you.

Feel free to connect if you would like a recommendation to an agent in the Indy market.

Staci 

Goosehead charges their agents 50% of their commission as a servicing fee and your agent will then try to steer service inquiries to the Goosehead service center.  That's understandable but you'll be dealing with a call center.  

I've not heard good things about their wait times or service standards.  They also have limited market access in many areas because Goosehead has issues with the quality of business they write due to limited "hiring" standards.  I'd be very wary of this setup.

User Stats

Votes
Staci Rogers
  • Lender
  • Indiana
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Indiana
Replied Mar 4 2024, 13:15

Thanks for your insight, Owen.

Thankfully I have a couple agents with Goosehead that have been great in assisting my members. 

Staci