• Investor
  • California
Votes |
CMHA (section 8) rental rates in Cleveland OH

Melody T.
  • Investor
  • California
Posted Apr 4 2024, 10:40

I noticed the CMHA fair market rent is showing $2,300 for a 3 bedroom in the 44122 zipcode. https://www.cmha.net/housing/landlords/rent.php Anyone know how accurate are these rental rates on their website and what one can expect to collect? I tried calling in to discuss, but the hold time was very long and I had to drop. Curious as to what can be expected in this area if receiving vouchers. Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Vadim F.
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Apr 4 2024, 13:16

44122 is a Beachwood zip code, so it would make sense for them to be higher. But also note that it can be part of Cleveland as well. In order to get the highest CMHA rent possible, your unit will also have to be fully rehabbed, you will need to provide all appliances, and pay all the utilities. 

User Stats

Votes
David Leggett
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Apr 25 2024, 20:01
Ya that does seem high, but I do know that they went up earlier this year and they're making an effort to increase rents to compete with the all time high cash rents in the area.  They're so hard to get a hold of, but I have some contacts I've worked with there if you want me to send you their info and see if you get anywhere, feel free to let me know.  Happy to help!
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes