• Real Estate Agent
  • Denver CO | Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denver CO | Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Feb 28 2024, 14:28
Quote from @Ruben Helo:

Any midterm rental property managers? 

I think there are some medium-term PMs on here, not sure about Denver specifically. 

But as @Erin Spradlin argues a lot, MTR investors should try self-managing. (Heck, an hour of consulting on how to self-manage costs less than you'd pay a management company in the first month.)

It's not like STRs where turnover is every few days, where cleaners need scheduling all the time, etc. (And even then, I'd argue most of my Airbnb clients manage their own short-term rentals in Colorado as well, even with full-time jobs.)

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Deal#1 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
Votes |
Zachary Deal#1 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
Replied Feb 29 2024, 07:42

I would recommend posting in the Real Estate Classifieds section of BP. You may have better luck finding some there

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Erin Spradlin
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Feb 29 2024, 08:24
Quote from @James Carlson:
Quote from @Ruben Helo:

Any midterm rental property managers? 

I think there are some medium-term PMs on here, not sure about Denver specifically. 

But as @Erin Spradlin argues a lot, MTR investors should try self-managing. (Heck, an hour of consulting on how to self-manage costs less than you'd pay a management company in the first month.)

It's not like STRs where turnover is every few days, where cleaners need scheduling all the time, etc. (And even then, I'd argue most of my Airbnb clients manage their own short-term rentals in Colorado as well, even with full-time jobs.)

@Ruben Helo @James Carlson
Thanks for the mention, James. 

Ruben- I'm encouraging people to learn how to property manage their own long-term and medium term rentals. The reason I recommend self property management is because it is really not that hard and a lot of my consulting clients that are unhappy (or unbooked) have property management. Once they take off property management, they tend to find it's much easier, they are occupied for a longer period of time AND they save 8-12%. 

Erin Spradlin Real Estate Consulting Logo

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Heasley Beitenman
Pro Member
#5 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Replied Feb 29 2024, 10:10

I don't know where Allen Duan is located, but he's very knowledgeable on MTR PM's. He's a regular here on the MTR forums. BP won't let me tag him for some reason, so here's a link to his profile: https://www.biggerpockets.com/users/allenduan

User Stats

Votes
Colleen F.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Narragansett, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Narragansett, RI
Replied Feb 29 2024, 19:15

@Erin Spradlin you actually run into problems with this in some places because they won't let out of state residents manage their own properties. Have this going on with a property now where I am renting just a room to a mid term tenant while we are out of town. Big demand in the area. Got a relator to agree to be the named person for the state and now they say they can't.  But in theory it is a good idea. You can have some issues but usually nothing huge.

User Stats

Votes
Allen Duan
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Mar 2 2024, 08:49
Quote from @Nicole Heasley Beitenman:

I don't know where Allen Duan is located, but he's very knowledgeable on MTR PM's. He's a regular here on the MTR forums. BP won't let me tag him for some reason, so here's a link to his profile: https://www.biggerpockets.com/users/allenduan

Thanks Nicole! I'm honored.

Ruben, I own a MTR management company in Los Angeles. We've actually started taking clients in Denver and north Colorado this year. Happy to chat.

Self managing a MTR is totally doable. Most of the work is in the marketing, operations are easy once you have your team in place. But we find some MTR owners are short on time and rather trade money for time by hiring a PM. Everyone has different needs :)

User Stats

Votes
Jamie Banks#2 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Votes |
Jamie Banks#2 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Replied Mar 9 2024, 12:17

I highly recommend reaching out to @Allen Duan